Tips to Avoid Loss of Control
- Learn what a realistic upset looks like.
- Keep in mind that true upsets are unexpected events.
- Remember, in an upset, the first step to recovery is usually reducing the angle of attack.
- Check out schools that offer Upset Recovery Training in addition to aerobatics.
- Join a type club for the make and model of the airplane you fly.
- Subscribe to the FAA’s FAASTeam page to learn of training opportunities in your area.
- Bring along a friend when you attend a FAASTeam event.
- Invite another pilot to sit in the back seat during your next training flight and debrief afterwards.
Source: August 2021 Flyingmag.com
Happiness is as a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you.~Hawthorne
Each man can interpret another’s experience only by his own.~ Thoreau